From Spreadsheets to Systems
When an organization first begins investing in sponsorships, it will most likely track the details in a spreadsheet. It’s a ubiquitous and easy way to get started, but it doesn’t take long to outgrow. There are just too many details to keep track of: multiple events, media channels, partners, assets, objectives, activations… the list goes on. Even the best spreadsheet can hold an organization back from getting the most out of its sponsorship investments.
Industry professionals recognize the value of using a system specifically designed to support their needs. The migration is transformational, unlocking greater potential and revenue for your organization. But making the switch typically requires getting a lot of people on board, such as:
- Colleagues who will use the new system
- Senior management who must approve the budget
- The Legal department who will review and accept the Terms and Conditions
- The IT department who will perform a security evaluation.
That may seem daunting at first, but the key is to write a solid business case. The hardest part of any writing project is beginning from a blank page or template, so here’s a head start: ten reasons we’ve seen over and over again for moving from spreadsheets to systems.
- Operational efficiency. Allow teams to move faster and without relying on multiple versions of spreadsheets continuously being maintained or updated.
- Automated reporting. Get real-time reporting that’s customized to your organization’s needs. Get cross-departmental visibility into your results.
- Data security. House data safely without worrying about who can access or copy your information.
- Centralization. Keep all your associated files and docs in one place.
- Asset management. Store assets and inventory together, with workflows and task features to keep your team on top of deliverables.
- Consistency, continuity, and quality. Improve your processes, data capture, and reporting.
- Executive visibility. Create custom permissions for top management, your team, and partners.
- Ability to scale. Use a repeatable process as you integrate more people, more inputs, and an increased need for status updates.
- Source of truth. With all your information in one robust and reliable system, everyone has the most up-to-date information every time.
- Freedom and empowerment. Become a better executive with better data to back up your decision making and drive greater performance.
KORE is the global leader in engagement marketing solutions, serving more than 200 professional teams and 850+ sports and entertainment properties worldwide, providing practical tools and services to harness customer data, facilitate sponsorship sales and activation, and create actionable insights.